|Ingredient||Organic whole wheat couscous (organic whole durum wheat semolina)|
|Serving size||¼ cup (45g) dry|
|Serving per container||About 6 servings|
- No salt added
- Good source of fiber
- Low in fat
- No saturated fat
Organic Whole Wheat Couscous
Casbah® Organic Whole Wheat Couscous is made with organic whole wheat durum semolina and is a convenient side dish that cooks in only 5 minutes. It is low in fat and is a delicious alternative to traditional pasta and white rice. Use it as a bed for stew or vegetables, stir into salads, or create your own entrée with fresh herbs and spices.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 ½ cup of water, ¼ tsp of salt (optional), 1 tbsp of olive oil or butter (optional) and bring to a boil.
- Stir in 1 cup couscous and cover.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving. Enjoy!
Microwave ovens vary. Adjust time accordingly.
- In a medium microwaveable casserole dish, combine 1 ½ cup of water and ¼ tsp of salt (optional).
- Microwave on HIGH until boiling.
- Add 1 cup couscous, 1 tbsp of olive oil or butter (optional).
- Stir and cover. Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving. Enjoy!
|Amount per serving|
Calories from Fat 9
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 30g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.