These gluten-free chicken and rice wraps with pickled onions are a light and lively lunch for any day of the week.
Prep Time :20 Minutes
Cook Time : 40 Minutes
Total Time : 60
Yield : 4
- For a vegetarian wrap, substitute chicken with kidney beans, black beans, or white beans.
- Alternatively, serve as lettuce cups.
- 1 pkg (7 oz) Casbah® Spanish Pilaf
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 8 large Boston Bibb Lettuce leaves
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded aged Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- lime wedges, for serving
- Prepare pilaf according to package directions. In a small sauce pot set over high heat, bring vinegar, sugar, and 1 tsp salt to a boil until sugar is dissolved. Pour over red onions, cover and steep for 15 minutes or until cooled.
- Top center of each lettuce leaf with pilaf, chicken, carrot, cabbage, avocado, pickled onion, tomato, cheese, and sour cream. Sprinkle with remaining salt. Fold up the bottom of the lettuce over the filling, then fold in the sides and roll tightly into a burrito. Serve with lime wedges.