Oven roasted mushrooms gives this rich soup a deep concentrated mushroom flavor.
Prep Time :10 Minutes
Cook Time : 30 Minutes
Total Time : 40 Minutes
Yield : 6
- Use a medley of mushrooms, such white, brown, oyster, Portobello, and shiitake, if desired.
- 1 pkg (7 oz) Casbah® Rice Pilaf
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, divided
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup 35% heavy cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Prepare rice pilaf according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, toss together mushrooms, olive oil, salt and pepper. Arrange on parchment paper-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Reserve 1/2 cup for garnishing.
- Melt butter in large saucepan set over medium heat. Cook onion, leeks, garlic, and thyme for 5 minutes or until very tender. Stir in broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes or until very tender. Using a blender, puree until smooth. Stir in the cream and rice; heat through. Stir in lemon juice and chives.
- Divide soup among bowls. Garnish with reserved mushrooms.