This tasty appetizer is a perfect starter for any dinner party.
Prep Time :20 Minutes
Cook Time : 20 Minutes
Total Time : 40 Minutes
Yield : 12
- Substitute capers with pickled jalapenos.
- 1 pkg (6 oz) Casbah® Organic Roasted Garlic & Olive Oil Couscous
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup canola oil
Fresh Tomato Salsa:
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Couscous Cakes: Prepare couscous according to package directions. Let cool. Mix together couscous, eggs and flour.
- Using 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop into 12 cakes. Heat oil in large non-stick skillet set over medium heat. Cook cakes in batches for 5 minutes, turning once, or until golden brown. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Fresh Tomato Salsa: Meanwhile, toss together tomatoes, onions, olive oil, basil, parsley, capers, oil, garlic, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Serve salsa over Couscous Cakes.