This versatile gluten-free quinoa bowl makes a comforting breakfast, snack, or simple dessert.
Prep Time :8 Minutes
Cook Time : 12 Minutes
Total Time : 20 Minutes
Yield : 4
- Substitute walnuts with pecans, almonds, or hazelnuts.
- Dried Fruit: Cherries, apricots.
- Chocolate lovers, top with dark chocolate chips or chunks.
- 1 pkg (7 oz) Casbah® Organic Quinoa
- 1 tbsp and 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 bananas, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, substituting with 1 cup of whole milk (and the rest with water) with brown sugar. Stir in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Divide among 4 bowls. Top with bananas and walnuts. Drizzle with maple syrup. Serve warm.