This inviting tomato soup is flavored with fragrant spices for a twist on an all-time favorite lunch.
Prep Time :15 Minutes
Cook Time : 20 Minutes
Total Time : 35 Minutes
Yield : 4
- Substitute sweet potato, butternut squash or pumpkin for carrot.
- 1/ pkg (3.5 oz) Casbah® Organic Lemon Spinach Couscous
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp each ground cumin, coriander, turmeric, and paprika
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/4 ground cinnamon
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tsp chili oil
- Heat oil in large saucepan set over medium heat. Cook carrot, onion, ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika, salt, pepper, and cinnamon for 5 minutes or until vegetables start to soften. Stir in tomatoes, broth and bay leaves; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaf. Puree with hand blender until smooth.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to package directions. Stir together cilantro and lemon juice into couscous.
- Stir couscous into soup. Divide among bowls. Drizzle with chili oil.