These simple and fresh lettuce cups make for a delicious party appetizer or light dinner.
Prep Time :15 Minutes
Cook Time : 35 Minutes
Total Time : 50 Minutes
Yield : 4
- Substitute Boston Bibb with romaine or leaf lettuce leaves.
- For gluten-free dish, substitute soy sauce with tamari sauce.
- 1 pkg (6 oz) Casbah® Herb & Garlic Quinoa & Brown Rice
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb lean ground pork
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- Pinch chili flakes
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 16 large Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup finely chopped toasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Cook quinoa and brown rice according to package directions.
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook pork, matchstick carrots, onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder, salt, pepper, and chili flakes for 5 to 8 minutes or until pork is starting to brown. Stir in soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and brown sugar. Stir in 1/4 cup water and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until pork is cooked through and no liquid remains.
- Divide Quinoa and Brown Rice among lettuce cups. Top with pork mixture, peanuts, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.