Mother’s Day wouldn’t be complete without a delicious homemade breakfast. This new pancake recipe is sure to make that special someone in your life feel extra loved for the day. It features our Casbah® Quinoa and is the perfect addition to your Mother’s Day traditions.
- 1 cup Casbah® Quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup all-purposed flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup oat milk (any other dairy or non-dairy milk would work too)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Toppings: fresh fruit and additional maple syrup
- Cook the Casbah® Quinoa according to packaging instructions. Let cool for 5-10 minutes. You can always prepare in advance to reduce time of recipe.
- In a bowl, mix together the cooked quinoa, flour, baking powder, sea salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix together the milk, egg, olive oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients. Stir until just combined, being sure to not overmix.
- Lightly grease a skillet and place over low heat. Place the batter into the skillet in ¼ cup portions, cooking 3 at a time depending on pan size. Cook on one side for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles appear. Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.