Made with a homemade Teriyaki dressing and paired with a variety of vegetables, this Teriyaki bowl is a delicious dinner idea, while also creating the perfect leftovers for lunch the next day.
- 1 package Casbah Quinoa & Brown Rice – Herb & Garlic
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, sliced into matchsticks
- 1 cup cucumbers, sliced
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- Optional: sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- Pinch black pepper
- Cook the Casbah Quinoa & Brown Rice according to package instructions.
- While the Quinoa & Brown rice is cooking, cut the chicken breasts into ½ inch cubes. In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10-15 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked through.
- In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients for the sauce.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 3-5 minutes until it starts to thicken, being sure to stir often. Set aside.
- Toss the cooked chicken breasts in ¾ of the teriyaki sauce.
- Divide all of the ingredients between 4 bowls and top with sesame seeds and drizzle with remaining teriyaki sauce.
Recipe and pictures by Erb&Spice