Loaded with a colorful mix of vegetables, this eye catching couscous salad can be served for lunch, but also makes a lovely side dish for dinner.
Prep Time :20 Minutes
Cook Time : 35 Minutes
Total Time : 55 Minutes
Yield : 4
- Substitute almonds with pine nuts or walnuts.
- For added protein, stir in beans, tofu, or cooked chicken.
- 1 pkg (7 oz) Casbah® Organic Roasted Garlic & Olive Oil Couscous
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 medium eggplant, chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 1 large beet, diced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, orange zest, orange juice, honey, mustard, cumin, salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
- In a large bowl, toss together sweet potato, eggplant, carrot, zucchini, shallots, and dressing. Arrange on large parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Toss beets with residual dressing in large bowl and add to baking sheets with the other vegetables (tossing beets separately with help them from coloring the other vegetables). Roast vegetables for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to package directions.
- Toss couscous with roasted vegetables, parsley and mint. Sprinkle with almonds.