|Ingredients||Rice, Whole durum wheat pasta, Natural flavors, Sea salt, Dehydrated onions, Dehydrated parsley, Spices, Dehydrated garlic, Silicon dioxide, Canola oil|
|Serving size||Per 1/5 package (40g)|
|Serving per container||About 5 servings|
- No Artificial Colours, Flavours Or Preservatives
- Low in fat
- No saturated fat
Casbah® Rice Pilaf is made from premium long grain rice and durum wheat pasta. This perfectly seasoned side dish is low in fat and a perfect companion to any protein or it can easily be mixed in with a vegetable medley for a main entree. Cooks in only 20 minutes and makes for a versatile, healthy side dish for you and your family to enjoy.
- In a medium saucepan bring 2 ¼ cups water and 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil to a boil.
- Stir in box contents. Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff pilaf lightly with a fork before serving. Enjoy!
Microwave ovens vary. Adjust time accordingly.
- In medium microwaveable casserole dish, combine box contents with 2 ¼ cups water and 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH for 6-8 minutes or until boiling.
- Remove from microwave, stir, cover and microwave on HIGH for 10-13 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
Remove from microwave, stir, cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff pilaf with a fork. Enjoy!
Serving size 40 g
Servings per container 5
|Amount per serving|
Calories from Fat 0
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0.5g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 30g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
I have purchased this product for years and loved it but my last 4 boxes (that have the new box design on them) have not included the flavor packet so the rice turns out tan and brown in color with no taste whatsoever. Can someone help me understand what has happened to this product ? The flavor packet would turn the rice a yellow hue and it gave the rice that pillaf taste I liked
Soukayna Chergui –
Dear Shannon, we apologize that you have received a bad batch of our Rice Pilaf. This is one of our best selling products and the product is normally very flavorful and has a great yellow hue to it. Please see our email response and we would love to help you get this product replaced. Thank you for your continued support of the brand and hope you continue to enjoy our products in the future! 🙂
I had the same problem as Shannon – the rice pilaf I received was really terrible. But I contacted the company and they were very nice and helpful, gave me a refund for the bad boxes, and even sent out a couple of boxes of a fresh batch for free. The original problem with the rice seems to have been resolved. (Thank goodness! We have loved this pilaf for many many years!)
Super disappointing that they don’t sell this rice in any of my local grocery stores anymore – but it’s great that I can purchase it directly from the company’s website now!
Soukayna Chergui –
Thank you so much for your review Leah! We always make sure to give good customer service to our loyal customers 🙂