|Ingredients||Couscous (Durum wheat semolina), Barley, Bulgur|
|Serving size||¼ cup (45g) dry|
|Serving per container||About 4 servings|
- No Artificial Colours, Flavours Or Preservatives
- Contains no salt
- Good source of fiber
- Low in fat
- No saturated fat
Mix of Couscous, Barley, and Bulgur
Casbah® Multigrain Couscous is a delicious medley of couscous, barley, and bulgur, and is a great alternative to rice and other side dishes. Use it as a bed for stew or vegetables, stir into salads, or create your own entrée with fresh herbs and spices.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) of water, 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of salt (optional), 1 tbsp (15 mL) of olive oil or butter (optional) and bring to a boil.
- Stir in 1 cup (180 g) multigrain couscous and cover.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving. Enjoy!
Microwave ovens vary. Adjust time accordingly.
- In a medium microwaveable casserole dish, combine 1 ½ cup of water and ¼ tsp of salt (optional).
- Microwave on HIGH until boiling.
- Add 1 cup multigrain couscous, 1 tbsp of olive oil or butter (optional).
- Stir and cover. Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before serving. Enjoy!
|Amount per serving|
Calories from Fat 0
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0.5g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 34g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.