This healthy salad is a great main dish for lunch, but also makes a tasty side dish for dinner.
Prep Time :15 Minutes
Cook Time : 20 Minutes
Total Time : 35 Minutes
Yield : 6
- Courtland, Granny Smith or Honey Crisp apples all work well for this salad.
- Substitute feta with goat cheese or blue cheese.
- 1 pkg (7 oz) Casbah® Herb & Garlic Quinoa and Brown Rice
- 4 cups firmly packed chopped kale, stems removed
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 apple, cored and cut in julienne
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Prepare quinoa and brown rice according to package directions. Massage kale with 1 tbsp oil to soften. Whisk together remaining oil, vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, salt and pepper.
- Toss together quinoa and brown rice, massaged kale, apple, red onion, and vinaigrette. Stir in feta, cranberries, and walnuts.