For a quick and yummy lunch or snack, this healthy toast is easy to assemble and packed with flavor.
Prep Time :20 Minutes
Cook Time : 10 Minutes
Total Time : 30 Minutes
Yield : 8
- Sprinkle with a little crumbled goat cheese or pistachios for added texture.
- 1 pkg (7 oz) Casbah® Hummus Mix
- 1 cup firmly packed shredded kale, stems removed
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 8 thick slices crusty bread, toasted
- 1 ripe tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup diced cooked beets
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Prepare hummus according to package directions. Toss kale with half the oil and balsamic vinegar. Let stand for 5 minutes or until wilted.
- Spread 2 tbsp hummus on each toast. Top with tomato slices, kale, and beets. Sprinkle with remaining oil and sea salt.