With a shallot dressing, this autumn inspired salad makes for a great vegetarian main dish for dinner. This dish also pairs nicely with roasted chicken, turkey, pork, or lamb.
Prep Time :15 Minutes
Cook Time : 30 Minutes
Total Time : 45 Minutes
Yield : 4
- For even more flavor, add crispy cooked bacon or pancetta to the salad.
- 1 pkg (6 oz) Casbah® Organic Herb & Garlic Quinoa & Brown Rice
- 6 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, divided
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp minced shallot
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp grainy mustard
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Prepare quinoa and brown rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, toss together sweet potato, Brussels Sprouts, 2 tbsp oil, half each salt and pepper. Arrange on parchment paper-lined baking sheet in single layer. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender.
- Whisk together remaining oil, vinegar, shallot, honey, mustard, remaining each salt and pepper. Toss together quinoa and brown rice, roasted vegetable, and dressing. Stir in goat cheese and pecans.