|Ingredients||Chickpea ﬂour, Wheat ﬂour, Spices, Canola oil, Sodium bicarbonate, Dehydrated onions, Sea salt, Dehydrated parsley|
|Serving size||Per 1/3 cup (45g)|
|Serving per container||About 6 servings|
- No Artificial Colours, Flavours Or Preservatives
- Cholesterol free
- Good source of fiber
- Low in saturated fat
Casbah® Falafel mix is a simple and easy way to prepare this traditional Middle Eastern dish made with chickpeas, wheat ﬂour, and spices. Crispy prepared falafel is traditionally served in a pita with fresh tomatoes, lettuce, and tahini sauce. Casbah® Falafel mix can either be fried in a pan or baked in the oven; head to the cooking instructions tab to see the step by step recipe.
- If you use 1 cup of Falafel Mix, add 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp of water
- If you use the whole box of Falafel Mix, add 1/2 cup + 4 tbsp of water
- Combine Falafel Mix with cold water and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Pour vegetable oil ½ inch deep or more into a deep fryer or skillet. Heat oil so falafel patties fry vigorously (approx. 180-190C or 355-375F).
- Form small patties or balls using two spoons or a melon baller. Fry patties 1-2 minutes on each side until brown and crisp. Place patties on paper towels. Serve while hot.
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Combine the Falafel Mix with cold water and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Form small patties or balls using two spoons or a melon baller. Place on baking sheet and lightly coat with olive oil spray.
- Bake on center rack of oven until bottoms are golden and tops puff, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 2-3 minutes before serving.
|Amount per serving|
Calories from Fat 36
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 26g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
How to cook falafels
Casbah® falafels are easy and quick to make
1. Measure amount of water needed.
2. Mix together falafel mix and water.
3. Form into small balls.
4. Fry in pan (or bake in oven).
5. Serve with side of your choice. Enjoy!