|Serving size||¼ cup (45g) dry|
|Serving per container||About 7 servings|
- Low in fat
- Contains no salt
- No saturated fat
Casbah® Original Couscous is made with 100% durum wheat semolina and is a convenient side dish that cooks in only 5 minutes. Casbah® Couscous is low in fat and is a delicious alternative to traditional pasta and white rice. Use it as a bed for stew or vegetables, stir into salads, or create your own entrée with fresh herbs and spices.
- In a medium saucepan, add 1 cup (236 mL) of water, ¼ tsp of salt, and 1 tbsp olive oil. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in 1 cup (180 g) of couscous and remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Add 1 tbsp of butter and fluff with a fork before serving to separate the grains. Enjoy!
Microwave ovens vary. Adjust time accordingly.
- In a medium microwaveable dish, combine 1 cup (236 mL) of water, ¼ tsp of salt, and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Microwave on HIGH until boiling.
- Remove from microwave, add 1 cup (180 g) of couscous, stir and cover.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Add 1 tbsp of butter and fluff with a fork before serving to separate the grains. Enjoy!
|Amount per serving|
Calories from Fat 9
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 33g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
How to cook couscous
Casbah® couscous conveniently cooks in 5 minutes.
1. Boil water (or broth)
Add olive oil for better results
2. Add couscous
3. Put lid, remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes
4. Add olive oil or butter and fluff with fork
5. Add toppings of your choice. Enjoy!