|Ingredients||Quinoa, Millet, Oats, Buckwheat, Red quinoa|
|Notice||Packed in a facility that processes wheat|
|Serving size||Per 1/4 package (45g)|
|Serving per container||About 4 servings|
- No Artificial Colours, Flavours Or Preservatives
- Low in fat
- Source of fiber
Quinoa & Ancient Grains – Whole Grain
A blend of quinoa, millet, oats, buckwheat, and red quinoa
Casbah® Quinoa & Ancient Grains is a delicious medley of 7 whole grains including Red and White Quinoa, Oats, Millet, and Buckwheat, and is a great alternative to rice and other side dishes. It offers a unique texture and nutty taste and is a blend of ‘super grains’ that provides almost double the protein of brown rice and is a good source of fiber. Add it to stews, soups, and salads. Can also be enjoyed in the morning as a replacement for oatmeal by adding honey, nuts, and fruit.
- Bring 2 cups (500 mL) of water or broth to a boil.
- Stir in contents of package and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and grain is tender.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 3 minutes. Fluff with a fork and enjoy!
|Amount per serving|
Calories from Fat 18
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2.5g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 31g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.